Monday, September 15, 2014

Um, hell ya!

Everyone's Tuesday should start like mine did a week ago:
>> Hey Trent
<< Hey. What's up?
>> Still interested in going to Japan?
<< Sure, if my help is needed [[READ: Um, hell ya!]]
>> OK good. I think you're going to be selected, but you leave in a week.  Can you do that?
Again... hell ya.

Thus started a whirlwind of activity on top of the multiple other projects I was already juggling.  Needless to say, this extra work was not a problem for me to tackle.  From the various trainings for export compliance, anti-corruption, and security briefings to the mundane of getting fit-to-travel approvals, I have been neck deep in corporate minutia.

Most of that behind me, I now find myself on the verge of venturing to a place I have been wanting to visit since my I was introduced to Japanese culture through the cuisine when I was around 7.  I still regret, more so now, not taking Japanese in school.  But I do not regret learning Spanish as much as I did.  I just needed more time for more languages.  A polyglot at heart, if not in practice. Alas

So many things I'll want to do, but since it is for work, I will probably not have time to do even a fraction of them.  I will follow in the tradition set forth by Kevin and continued by Marc and record my adventures as I can on this blog.

So I invite you, my friends, to visit with me and share in my experiences as I go for a sojourn in Japan.

3 comments:

  1. Tokyo is a big place, but the subway system is easy to use and will get you almost anywhere you are looking to go. Allow me to make one suggestion; Tokyo Station's ramen street. I've said it before and I will say it again, that ramen will live on in my dreams. We will return to Tokyo someday and I will have it again. Enjoy your time and don't forget to order the gyoza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So looking forward to ramen dreams!

      I was already going to go to ramen street. I also found Ginza Kagari, right down the street from Tokyo Station. I will try both!

      Delete